New 2018 Paul McCartney album:
Also, I have a book on the "voice of Love":
Updated BEATLES: [ Subscribe on that channel please ]
For those curious, this film Includes footage of most of the concert, with four audio-only bonus tracks at the end.
This was not to chronicle the event like a documentary, but an attempt to provide a more impressionistic experience, and highlight enjoyment of the music footage by:
-- Removing the intra-song dialogue
-- Trying to raise low bass (but it was really too muddy there)
-- Bringing up high treble for ease to hear vocals/guitars
-- Zooming in slightly to help fill out the frame
-- Using analog multi-band compressors to balance the sound.
1. Including the intra-song dialogue didn't make as much sense since a.) the song order had to be reversed.b.) it's already available in other links. c.) IMO it highlights the intense emotional atmosphere -- the attempted goal on this video.
2. A very slight plate reverb was used on the John songs were his vocal was distorting and too forward in the mix.
3. It's a shame that on some of the Paul songs his mic is somewhat low. And John's rhythm guitar sounds great, but mixed a little loud. (It's nice to hear because it's usually more buried, but on this there was no way to easily correct it. I tried to bring up the frequencies a tad where Paul's voice was punching through, but there was a lot of overlap that made it hard.)
4. at 4:54 it appears as though the drummer is gone but that's just a drum kit from the previous band. Ringo is on a platform.
5. On a few songs the audio/video synch is slightly a few frames off -- because the original source was off. Most viewers don't notice or care; but if you watch the 2016 Ron H7oward feature you'll see it's off there too. Apparently it was married together about 20 yrs ago from the video and soundboard recording. I just got really tired with working on this and didn't notice. And also I never expected this video to be so popular since other versions have been around. Here's one that's closer to the original source footage:
Unfortunately YouTube doesn't allow for re-posting w/o losing views/comments. Hopefully someday. The back-half of the video is great though. ;)
00:07 -- You Can't Do That
02:42 -- All My Loving
04:48 -- She Loves You
07:11 -- Can't Buy Me Love
09:19 -- Twist and Shout
12:01 -- Long Tall Sally
[Mostly just audio]
14:41 -- Til There Was You
16:53 -- Roll Over Beethoven
19:13 -- This Boy
21:29 -- I Saw Her Standing There
(If you want to scroll right to the brief video snippets of the last four songs, just run your mouse over the red line thumbnails to find them.)
Since the goal was to group together the filmed parts, this is not the actual order of the concert (likely 6/17/64). See this for more: